Sunday, August 17, 2008

'Boon: Get You Some

Praise be to God! If you've ever doubted the existence of God, then this weekend's weather in Dallas should be all the evidence that you need. After all, only a kind and merciful God would deliver us from the miserably hot, humid, and smoggy days that usually make up August in Texas and instead give us highs in the 80s and lows in the 60s with some rain and a nice breeze(nevermind that he's a spite filled and vengeful God when giving us the heat in the first place). As I sat on my patio this morning having a cigarette, it felt far more Portland, OR than Dallas, TX. And it was awesome.

Diety praising aside though, I heard a nasty little rumor at last night's Baboon show at the Doublewide. Namely, that it might very well have been Baboon's final show. Now I am out of the loop, and this wouldn't be the first time the demise of Baboon has been rumored, but I heard this from a pretty good source (whom I won't name publicly so as not to throw her under the bus). And while it was a great show in front of a surprisingly packed club, it would most certainly make a me a sad panda if the rumor turns out to be true. I'm going to go with my gut and guess that it's not true, but it wouldn't surprise me if the end were nearing. Then again, we've been saying that for five years now.....

No comments: